Sunday, April 15, 2012

Out with the bad, in with the good.

I have always loved taking baths.  I probably spend a good portion of my evening with pruney fingers and toes because I stay in the bathtub too long.  I had a friend tell me once that her therapy consisted of the three B's.  Beer, books, and baths.  I could not agree more.  

So, if you are like me, and you enjoy the relaxation of a good bath, why not enhance that experience with something that smells good, and is good for you?  Bath salts will provide all of the above.  For a long time I had no idea what the point was of bath salts.  They seemed like something I would like- but I had no idea what I'd do with them.  Well guess what?  Now I know.

Bath salts are literally salts for your bath.  When you put them in the hot water they dissolve and help to pull negative toxins from your body.  They are said to also help promote positive moods.  There's nothing wrong with that!  The other ingredients in my bath salts are scent oils (either essential or fragrance) and glycerin.  I don't want to overwhelm you right off the bat, so I'll save those for later this week.  

I would like to show you a picture of my salt though!!  I use a combination of Epsom salts and sea salts.  You will see that it's quite pretty though because I add pink Himalayan sea salts.  What do you think?

Here's a link to some of the bath salts in my shop, and trust me, there will be more to come: Bath Salts!

So here's the question of the day: What is your favorite bath product that you use now, or what do you wish you had that someone could invent for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment